Our Product Lines
From Rhino’s inception, the goal was to improve apon the century old, out-dated trunkmaking practices still employed by other companies and to set ourselves apart from them. Whereas other trunkmakers skimp by using plastic parts or low-end metal hardware, Rhino believes in utilizing advanced technology and the highest quality components to design and produce the finest trunks in the world. No other trunk manufacturer offers as many styles, sizes and colors. Each year, we continue to improve and innovate for our goal is to exceed our customers expectations. Our current line of trunks includes many features that differentiate us from other trunk manufacturers:
- 3/8″ thick, seven-ply, Baltic Birch hardwood plywood on our Armor, Sticker, Naked and Realtree® lines.
- Aircraft grade steel riveted construction – no screws or split rivets.
- Hardware – heavy gauge proprietary designs exclusive to Rhino.
- Indestructo Airline Trunk features ATA ultra rugged construction, yet is light in weight and meets the airline checked baggage size of 62″. Built to take baggage handler abuse. Water repellent.
- Unique detachable wheel system that requires no tools and takes only 30 seconds to attach or remove – of equal importance, the wheels do not raise the trunk’s height.
- Eleven stock sizes ranging from 1.4 cubic feet to 12.4 cubic feet
- Custom size trunks can be manufactured to your specifications
- Custom colors, finishes, prints or logos to meet any requirement
- 20+ stock color choices
Rhino ATA and Shipping Cases
Rhino manufactures a wide range of ATA, road and shipping cases. All phases of design, engineering and manufacturing for these cases are carried out in our Rochester, NY facility. Rhino shipping cases are built to protect computer equipment, musical instruments, audio and lighting production equipment, sensitive equipment, tradeshow props or anything else that needs to be transported in a safe and secure manner. Our cases are made to take the abuse from airport baggage handlers, shipping companies and tradeshow equipment handlers. An infinite number of varying-sized cases can be built to outfit the needs of an entire entertainment production company or custom designed individually for a specific industry, product or purpose.
Our cases are constructed of three main layers. An outer layer of laminate known as ABS acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, which is adhered to a middle layer of heavy-duty 3/8″ to 1/2″ cabinet-grade hardwood birch plywood. The interior of the case is usually lined with a shock-absorbing foam or something as simple as carpet. The edges are reinforced with heavy gauge aluminum extrusions and form-fitting zinc plated steel hardware finishes off the case. Caster wheels, shelves, dividers, power adapters and other accessories are available options often built into or attached to the case for ease of transit, orginization, etc…
Custom Products & Manufacturing
Allow our knowledgeable staff to leverage years of trunk and case design experience into engineering a product that fits your specific need or requirement. Whether you need one unique trunk or case or 10,000, we have the know-how to deliver the finished product exactly the way you envisioned it. You may also benefit from other aspects of our operation including:
- Expert worldwide sourcing & purchasing capabilities.
- Skilled autocad and engineering staff.
- Custom finishes including embroidery, screen printing, staining and painting.
- A design team for developing custom product packaging cases, gun cases, wine cases, hotel trunk furniture, trunk like display cases or any trunk or case you have in mind in thousands of exterior finishes and patterns.
- Fulfillment services – adding emergency supplies or gift premiums to your trunks.
- Drop-ship services for approved retail, government, and corporate gift customers.
- 40,000 sq. ft. high-bay manufacturing facility located in Rochester, NY.